Careers - Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
Communication Strategist - Social Focus
The social focused Communication Strategist is the Swiss-army knife of modern advertising communication. They are experts in social platforms and strive to use these platforms in interesting ways, from research and insight mining, to content creation, to analysis and optimization. They have the pulse on how to connect with audiences in a modern way and are an invaluable resource to client and agency because of it.
This is a hybrid opportunity. We are working in our downtown San Francisco office three days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). This is not a fully remote role.
What does a Social Communication Strategist do?
- Utilize social channels to uncover audience insights and perspectives.
- Be the expert for clients and agency on the social landscape, emerging trends and tech, and best practices.
- Assist strategy teams in sharpening audience persona and social strategy.
- Design monthly briefs and content ideas that engage communities on social media platforms with creative teams.
- Lead day-to-day monitoring of social media and produce timely ideas or thought starters.
- Measure, analyze, optimize and report to internal and client teams
- Daily social listening relevant to the brand.
- Assist strategists in shaping audience personas through interesting social insight mining.
- Assist strategists in shaping social strategy for the brand.
- Be up to date and a thought leader within the social landscape.
- Own the monthly post brief and quarterly reels brief for social creatives.
- Plan and maintain social calendars and posting strategy.
- Develop close, daily relationship with the creative teams.
- Generate ideas and inform teams of social opportunities as they trend on social.
Qualities We Are Looking For:
- High degree of curiosity and an interesting worldview.
- Proficiency in the fundamentals of media.
- Strong critical thinker who is decisive, focused, and insightful.
- Detail orientation and a high level of organization with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to simplify and solve problems and see connections within data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience working with different social media platforms.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and data entry.
- Some experience with media tools (Simmons, @Plan, Adviews, ComScore, etc.).
- Comfortable with media fundamentals (reach/frequency, GRPs, CTRs, view-through, etc.).
Regarding compensation for this role, the range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as a full-time employee of Goodby Silverstein & Partners in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Communication Strategist – Social Focus: $75,000-$95,000
If you have the necessary qualifications, we look forward to hearing from you.
Summer Intern 2024
San Francisco and New York
Thank you for your interest in our summer intern program. Unfortunately, we are not accepting applications for this coming summer.
At GS&P, equity, diversity and inclusion are at the forefront of everything we do, including our summer internships. Our commitment to ED&I provides us with direction and helps us focus our efforts on supporting programs such as MADE, MAIP and COOP; schools districts such as SFUSD and OUSD; and schools such as Landmark College. Because of our commitment to these organizations, our intern program fills up quickly. Our program for the summer of 2024 is already full.
While we can’t offer you a place in our intern program, GS&P does host career and creative office-hours sessions monthly. We hope we will get a chance to meet you during one of the upcoming sessions. You can sign up on our website.
We wish you a fun and rewarding summer.
Career Office Hours
Career – office hours—for “noncreative”* candidates
Trying to get a job in advertising? Maybe we can help. Questions about your résumé? Ask us. Wondering about your LinkedIn profile? We have a point of view. Bored by your cover letter? We can help. Concerned about interviewing? Let us give you some advice.
We are Leslie Bee and Dynasty Williams. Together we support talent recruitment at GS&P for most of the noncreative roles. We created these office hours as a way to help you get answers to your career questions.
Please join us for our next office-hours session on Tuesday, March 26th, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. (PST).
This session is geared to those who are just starting out. If you are currently a college student, a recent college graduate and/or trying to break into advertising, we hope you will reach out. (If you are a junior creative, these sessions really aren’t geared to you. We are sorry.)
To join, please click the "apply" button below and submit 2-3 questions you'd like us to try to answer during the session. Typically, we send the meeting invite a day or two before the session. (Don’t worry if you don’t hear from us until right before the session—we will get back to you.)
We look forward to helping you.
Leslie Bee and Dynasty Williams
*We use this term to refer to roles not typically found in the Creative Department (Art Director, Copywriter, Designer). Everyone at the agency is creative. :)
Creative Office Hours
Creative – office hours — for creative* candidates
Are you trying to become a creative in the advertising space? Curious about what it takes at GS&P? Maybe we can help. General questions about what makes a portfolio stand out? We have a point of view; let us give you some advice (unfortunately, this session doesn't provide individual portfolio/resume reviews).
I am Zach Canfield, and in collaboration with our team, I support talent recruitment at GS&P for most of the creative roles. We created these office hours as a way to help you get answers to your creative career questions.
Please join us for our next office-hours session on Tuesday, March 5th, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. (PST).
If you are a junior creative or aspiring to become one, these sessions are geared toward you. These sessions are not geared toward traditionally non-creative roles.
To join, please click the "apply" button below and submit 2-3 questions you'd like us to try to answer during the session. After applying, we will send a confirmation email 48-72 hours before the start of the session to confirm your attendance.
After confirming your attendance, we will send out the meeting invitation. If you are still waiting to receive an email from us at least 24 hours before the start of the session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to helping you.
*We use this term to refer to roles typically found in the Creative Department (Art Director, Copywriter, Designer). Everyone at the agency is creative. :)